Old assembly ?

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM
I am attempting to run the utility on my 64 bit WFE and get the error: 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.; When looking at my GAC, I see that I am on version 12.0.0.0 with the same PublicKeyToken . Is there any way short of recompiling the tool to use it?
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM

The code was built with old SharePoint DLL in order for it to work on all versions of SharePoint.

Please make sure you login as SharePoint Admin account when using this tool, and also if you are using windows server 2008 make sure you run the program as administrator (right-click -> run as administrator).

Let me know if this resolved the issue.

if not - please give more information on your configuration (OS, SharePoint version etc...)

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM

We're getting the same error and have the same version in the GAC.  I am logged in with our MOSS farm service account on a w2k3 server.  Any more insight on resolving this?  This tool looks great and we've purchsed some of your other products too.  We'd really like to get this working if possible.

Thanks,

Bernie

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hey guys. I am sorry to hear this is still going on. I will double check on my dev server, but feel free to email me offline to shai at kwizcom dot come and we will set a live meeting - perhaps I can debug the issue on your server and post the fix here.

Thanks!

P.s. - the source code should be availbable for download in case you want to recompile the tool ( or modify it ) on your system.

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Did any of you guys ever got it to work?

At the moment I had to rename a MOSS 2007 sp2 (x64) enviroment from http://intranet2.companyname.nl to http://intranet and everything went ookie dookie but when I use the cool KWizcom tool to update the hardcoded links I get the same error as stated above.

9-11-2010, 10:45 **********************

9-11-2010, 10:45 Start checking SharePoint portal...
9-11-2010, 10:45: ERROR: Validation failed!Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.;
9-11-2010, 10:45 Checking SharePoint site is failed.

I'm logged in as MOSSfarmAccount and have all the authorizations I could wish for. I even am logged in to the server with the domain enterprice admin and right clicked the find and replace utility to run as administrator. But no luck.

I have quite alot of links to change so if I don't find a resolution to do it quick and dirty I guess I have to unpack my sleepingbag.

Please advice,

Kind regards,
Maarten

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM

It sure would be nice if someone from KWiz looked at this page and fixed the issue.  I am having the same problem.  Downloaded the code and tried to fix it myself but got a different error.

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry it took me so long to get my hands on a 64bit machine that actually produced this error...

I finally did, it appears that some SharePoint 2007 64bit machines have wrong assembly binding redirects, which causes this issue.

the solution is simple, but manual, let me know if it works i will include it in the version.

1. after you install, go to the installation folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\KWizCom\KWizCom SharePoint List Find and Replace
  2. create a text file named: "SPListFindReplace.exe.config"
  3. Add this code to the text file and save
<configuration>
       <runtime>
              <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                     <dependentAssembly>
                           <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.SharePoint" publicKeyToken="71e9bce111e9429c" />
                           <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-25.0.0.0"
                                                       newVersion="12.0.0.0"/>
                     </dependentAssembly>
              </assemblyBinding>
       </runtime>
</configuration>

After you do this, the program should work as expected. All it does is tells the application to use the current version of Microsoft.SharePoint.dll

for SharePoint 2010 (if you get this error) use version 14 instead of 12 in the config file.

Good luck!

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

This fix allowd the program to execute.  But it still did not work as expected.  I ran with all options turned on and the ONLY thing that actually had the string replaced was a text document.  None of the lists or web parts were changed.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM
rcwynn wrote:

This fix allowd the program to execute.  But it still did not work as expected.  I ran with all options turned on and the ONLY thing that actually had the string replaced was a text document.  None of the lists or web parts were changed.

This sounds really strange,
Can you post your system configuration here and perhaps a print screen of your settings (mask the URL) and what was not changed?

Whats most important to me is what was your find string and what was the replace string.

Thanks.

Nov 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Find/Replace text is very simple "srv-oldservername"  and "srv-newservername".  I ran two tests, one with the "Site URL:" field equal to the root site collection URL (i.e. 'http://srv-newservername'), and the "Include all sub-sites" checked.  For the second test I picked a specific sub site that had to sub sites and unchecked the sub sites check box.  In both tests all 3 of the checkboxes for list properties, web parts, and text documents were checked, and all 6 radio buttons were set to "All".  I ran the first test and could find so signs that anything actually changed.  So I created the specific sub site to run the second test and found that only thing that changed was a text document. 

Running this in a test environment.  Small farm, 2 servers.  Web server and a database server.  WSS3.0 SP2 is running on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 box, and teh database is a Windows 2008 R2 with SQL server 2008.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Well,

Not sure what's going on there but I tested it again here and it seems to be working for me.

All I can suggest is to try and help you diagnose the isseu in a live meeting. let me know if you are interested, mail me to shai at kwizcom dot com, and we can post the fix here once we find it.

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Hi Shai,

My server is: Windows 2007, 64 Bit., MOSS 2007

Initially, I was getting the error - ERROR: Validation failed!Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.;
I followed your instructions in the post "http://spfnr.codeplex.com/discussions/218655", created the config file and was able to get past the above error.
However, I am getting a new error now.

Message in the log file:

SPSiteCheck.CheckSite
    Validation failed!
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Hey,

I gues you mean windwos 2008 server, not 2007, right?

Can you please try to run the program as administrator with elevate privileges?

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Latest build should fix that for good -

Please check version 1.0.17 - different installers for sp2007 and sp2010.

Please report if you have trouble with it, or give a good word / rate if it does what you need!